Tuesday, January 4, 2011

2011.

The first day back to reality after the festives is always abnormally dry. But today felt the driest of all the years. Drier than the first day I went back to school after my parents' funerals...It's the ugliest, emptiest, loneliest feeling!
Well, I'm experiencing what the world calls festive withdrawal symptoms. I must have had an overdose of fun over the past fourteen day. Oh yes, I did. For once I let go of my dignity and morals and just enjoyed. And it felt so damned good!

So yeah, brand new year, old same self. What a combination!
I've never been the one to waste time on new year's resolution. I believe improvements in life should be made everyday. For those obsessed with change, that is. So far my own life hasn't any from for improvement. I'm quite happy where I am. And satisfied with the little I have.

Melbourne begins on the 17th of this month. I'm getting an adrenalin rush already thinking of those little green balls and rackets. It's going to be so exciting seeing Serena Williams back on that hard court after what feels like forever. Hope Miss Henin is in good form to give the invincible younger Williams a marathon for her crown.
The only thing I have to worry about now is figuring out how I'm going to balance work, books, marriage, kids, laundry, twitter and tennis without cracking...

Happy New Year!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment