Monday, January 17, 2011

Hey G,

Melbourne started beautifully last night. No casualties, no weather disruptions.
I'm more excited about this year's grand slams than ever before. My plan is to enjoy each and every one of them as much as possible in case the world truly ends next year:) Damn, I'm so not looking forward to going to heaven. Oops, hell, I meant to say. Hubby reminds me every day about how scary earth has become. Global recession, floods, dead birds falling from the sky etc. He's convinced all mentioned are true signs of imminent doom.
Anyway, whatever shall be, shall be!

Back to Melbourne, Maria Sharapova eased through to the second round. It seems she's upped her game, as well as put more volume to her grunts. If I'm not mistaken, I think last night the famous grunts broke a new record. They were a little bit beyond their usual 102 decibels. A sign of danger from Maria. The louder the grunts get, the more agressive she becomes.
Apart from the loud grunts that almost deafened my soul, the former world number one looked good to chow as usual. Immaculate should be the word. I didn't really fancy her dress, though. I thought the orange part didnt really mingle with the ash colour, therefore robbed the dress most of it's beauty. But well, she still looked good, that's all that matters.
Venus Williams also made it to the to the second round gracefully. And how over-the-top she looked in that sexy blue dress! She's for real fast becoming a fashionable force to reckon, this older Miss Williams. I find myself looking forward to seeing what she'd be wearing next.
In mens the Feds didn't waste time upsetting his opponent in straight sets. The dashing Americano And Roddick also progressed to the second round. But my highlight of the night was Gael Monfils coming back from two sets down to win his opening match. His opponent must be seriously depressed right now. In women's, Former champion Justine Henin also came back from a brink of defeat against Sania Mirza of India. Francesca Schiovone also defied fate.

Tonight Raphael Nadal, Jo-Wilfred Tsonga, Kim Clijsters, Dinara Safina and Jelena Jankovic all in action.

Today's fact:

Human beings were better off as small-brained apes. Evolution messed earth up in the most frightening way!

No comments:

Post a Comment