Sunday, January 9, 2011

Untitled.

Really G, some creatures have no business putting a tune together!
Hubby is in the kitchen singing a wayward, off-key version of Aretha Franklin's "Say a little prayer". Not only is the singing criminal, but also an insult of apocalyptic nature to my eardrums. Arrgggh!

Ok, lets forget about hubby's attempt to commit a musical homicide, let me enlighten you about this friend of mine thats been missing in my life for like forever. Ethel Mumba, her name. After seven solid years of endless, extensive search for her, my primary school partner in destructive behavior, I finally found her. Ok, she found me. Lord am I so glad!
Ethel and myself come a very long way. We used to be naughty together. Back in the hood. A lethal pair, we were. Our last communication was seven years ago. Then the long, defeaning silence... But thank heaven for Google. Ethel and I found each other again.
I'm a smiling bunny! If only that man I married would stop singing...aaargggh!

Tell me G, don't you find it unpleasant when people who are fully literate spell your name wrongly? Well, I do. Apart from the entities that print my bills and summons and a few human beings, everyone else I know spells this palindrome name I had no consent in being given askew. They omit the "h" at the end, and I'm afraid that makes the name look naked. It's like stripping it off...
Hannah, that's the correct spelling:)

Damn, hubby's still singing. My ear drums are now losing patience:(

Talking about music, I'm reading Nick Hornby's High Fidelity and not pleased at all to admit that us pop and soul music lovers are the unhappiest souls. Even Hornby isn't sure whether it's the sad choice of music we have that makes us unhappy, or if we were just born that way - unhappy...
I don't know, G. But what I do know is, like Hornby points it out, I have been listening to these sad songs longer than I've been living the unhappy life. So it all comes back to the people responsible for my existence here on earth, mum and dad. All this unhappiness is their fault. I think as a foetus I was constantly exposed to the likes of Marvin Gaye, Barry White etc and my emotions were deformed for life.

Just look at my top 5 songs of all time below. Sad indeed!

5. One more try - George Michael.
4. Many Rivers to cross - UB40.
3. Rock me Tonight - Freddie Jackson.
2. Love ain't here anymore - Take That.
1. Sexual Healing - Marvin Gaye.

So now you know why I am profoundly, and irreversibly messed up emotionally!
Thanks a lot mum and dad! Actually, there is no need to be formal here, I'll use your names. I'm entitled to be disrespectful after all the damage you did to my soul. So yeah, Susan and Houston, thank you!

I hear Chelsea won 7-0 against Ipswch today. Well, I still haven't forgiven it for the humiliation at the premier. But this win at least thaws me a bit.
Have you ever thought of what happened to the child star Tevin Campbell?
Hubby is strangling his "can we talk" as I'm typing this...
I give up!

No comments:

Post a Comment