Monday, August 30, 2010

Unfit parents.

There should be an organization that gives crazy, disorganized parents medals. I'm sure my husband and I would not have to compete to be crowned King and Queen.
Aaah, what can I say? What happened this morning is too embarrassing to even think of.

My oldest son, Orama is back to school after a long, sugary summer holiday. Today was his first day, and trust me, it wasn't without serious drama...

What happened is, me and my hypochondriac better half totally had no idea that the summer vacation for school kids was over. In our heads, Orama still had a day before he was back to school. How dumb!
I left for work at 7.30 am as usual, leaving the boys and their dad snoring and polluting the air in the blankets with smelly gas. Lazy bums, they are!
I had planned to leave work early, get into town for Orama's school bag and socks, then head home to cover his books and iron his uniforms. (I'm a last minute doer. Always have been.)
But I really should have known..
Let's just say my proscrastination paid off today.
An hour into work my sister rings to wish Orama good luck in his new class.
"What, the bloody school starts today?" I asked my sister again and again. Totally in disbelief. Hoping to hear her laugh and say she was messing with me...
But of course, she wasn't. The principal confirmed the not-so-good news a few minutes later over the phone.
"oh yes, Hannah, school starts today."
I had never sweated so profusely!
It was exactly 9am, and I had about 15 minutes to rush home, get Orama ready and bring him to school. My husband could have done that, but the uniforms and books were still in my car boot. So I hit the accelerator with fury. I could have passed as Schumacker's mistress at the speed of 170 miles an hour.
I got home at 9.07am. Amazingly. Tich had showered Orama, so I just had to dress him, give him his breakie, and label his books as fast as I could.
Tich had by then rushed to the shops to get him a new bag.
It was crazy, but we made it!

No comments:

Post a Comment