Sunday, August 15, 2010

Oh, Lord...

Graceful,
Today I learnt one very important lesson and would like to share it with you.
"The only time a man and woman can be friends is when the man is gay." Period!
For many years I've been tight friends with this guy I've known since 3rd grade. Me and him always got along so well and
I thought he was one of my best friends. I even welcomed him in my home once to meet my hubby and kids. But boy was I so naive!
He dropped the bombshell last night through an email, confessing his love. At first I thought he was joking. Then I was convinced he was sniffing glue, and had lost his mind. But this morning, he sent another A4 confession of his strong feelings for me. What do I do? The thing is, he has this wrong impression that I feel the same way for him. Oh I wish I did! He's one of the most incredible guys I've met, but I can't feel what's not there. I love him, yes, but in a brotherly kind of way.
How do I tell him how I truly feel without hurting his feelings, or ruining our friendship?
Boy, this is one awkward situation you wouldn't wanna be caught dead in! *sigh*

No comments:

Post a Comment