Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Farewell 2011!

So year 2011 truly passed away... Gone forever... And EVER! Never to be known again. It's still very hard to believe! Last night I sat down and asked myself this: "What if I were given a chance to turn the clock three days back, what would I change?" Perhaps you've all asked yourselves the very same question... Well, I don't know about you, but for me, given that chance, I'd probably go mental trying to figure out what to change and what not to... In the end, I would without a doubt end up not changing a thing. To be frank, I've learnt so much from the deceased year... I'd publish a book given a chance to put everything down. -I've learnt that there's truly a delicate line between love and hate... That it only takes a split of a second to cross over to the other side of either emotion. And when that happens,(especially if the cross over is from the former emotion to the latter) the best thing to do is to focus on what brought the love in the first place, not the hatred. -I've learnt that its part of being human to hurt other humans. Sometimes it's the ones we love the most we badly hurt. Or vice-versa. Whether the hurt happens intentionally, or unintentionally, the most important thing to do is to learn from our mistakes and accept responsibility for the pain caused. -I've learnt that the first step to true happiness and contentment is to appreciate what we have right there and then. The past passed away, and the future is yet to be conceived. Nothing matters but right now! -I've learnt that at one time or another, we all have to say Goodbye. It hurts, but the pain dulls down with time. -I've learnt that sometimes you have to lose in-order to appreciate a win next time. -I've learnt that the past is irrelevant yet essential since life's best and most valuable lessons are learned from it. -And most importantly, I've learnt to smile through my troubles and tribulations. For I know they always come to pass! Life is not that serious. Make mistakes, cry when all seems to be a mess, learn from the experience and strut on with your existence. After some time, make more mistakes and keep learning! So long, 2011!

No comments:

Post a Comment