Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Australian Open Day 2

There's nothing as nerve wrecking as waiting for Serena William's opening match in a Grand Slam! It's serious!! Today I withstood and sacrificed so much to get a glimpse of my favourite player in action, for the first time since September 2011, on the historical Rod Laver Arena. Lord was I nervous! Serena seemed a bit rusty at first I couldn't banish stressful thoughts of her becoming the first casualty. That almost drove me mad! But like a true champ Serena is, all was overcome in 79 minutes. And I'm smiling again! Novak Djokovic is on a difficult quest to defend his title. He played his opening match so fantastically it's hard to imagine anyone outplaying him. Maria Sharapova is back with some heartwreching fierceness. I keep drooling watching her hit that tiny ball... Waiting for her second round match will be pure torture! Shock exit of the day: Sam Stosur :(

No comments:

Post a Comment