Monday, June 14, 2010

Viva vuvuzela!

Ha ha, vuvuzela is the hot topic all over earth right now.
The noisy Plastic trumpet which has always been used, especially by South Africans, during celebrations will never be the same after world cup 2010.
Vuvuzelas are being blown 24/7 all over South Africa as part of celebrating the biggest football championship that is on the African soil for the very first time. And the noise these trumpets have created is beyond defeaning.
A lot of people, mostly non-africans, have complained about vuvuzela and asked FiFA to do something about it.
But of course there is nothing anyone can do. Vuvuzela shall continue shattering eardrums and causing migraines till the 11th of July 2010.

I am one of the poor souls badly affected by this endless noise around South Africa. I haven't slept a wink since world cup, and have an eternal splitting headache. But inspite of my condition, I'm one big vuvuzela fan. I'm totally against it being barred.
I believe that every world cup championship should have something unique that will forever linger in people's minds.
And in this world cup case that something unique is "vuvuzela".

No comments:

Post a Comment