Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Bad History in the Making..

So as the entire planet earth had expected, as soothsayers had foretold, South Africa will for generations and generations to come be remembered for being the first world cup hosts to be knocked out in the first stage. Bad history has been made!
But surprisingly for me, unlike the rest of Africa that's drowning in disappointment, the host's failure to qualify to the next round hasn't at all injured my patriotic spirit. I'm still firmly and proudly behind all my African teams whether they produce a win or not. I will still support them even when they lose humiliatingly.

I was there in Bloemfontein watching Bafana skin France alive, and I must say, never in my entire life had I been more proud of my African heritage than at that particular moment! The tres gorgeous boys played their final match like veritable champions. They might not have qualified to the last 16, but they should still froth with pride for their robust attitude as a team.
Viva Bafana, viva vuvuzela, viva Africa!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment