Saturday, June 12, 2010

As the World cup journey continues...

"oh I wish it could be world cup everyday..."
That's the track in my head right now.

Wow, seriously, world cup should be there all the time. Yours truly is sloshed and having a time of her life!

So 'mnzansi' went against all odds to draw in their opening match. That was a big surprise indeed! Even I expected a loss from them. But I'm glad Africa was saved from a copious humiliation.
The Bafana were more than nervous in the first half of the game, but managed to settle in the second. "bafana bavukile", that's what I said after the first goal from SA.
Substitute Tshabalala outtackled the speedy Mexicans and right into the net went the ball, putting the host team ahead for a few minutes before their opponents equalized.
It was a brilliant play. I still can not believe the chances Mexico missed...

Right now I've just seen the end of Argentina and Nigerian match. That was sugary, man! Even though Nigeria, my favourite in the world cup, lost, they played their damnest best against the South American football beasts.
And Diego Maradona, gosh, what a Jackass!

And congratulations to South Korea who had a slide (2-0) over Greece.

I'm now waiting for England Vs USA.
Oh yeah, behind England I shall be...

*DRUNK*

No comments:

Post a Comment