Wednesday, June 9, 2010

FIFA World cup 2010.


Hello Graceful,

Yours truly has now completed the Sorcery PhD. She is now a qualified lady of the "night". Oh how heavenly it feels to be back!
My fingers badly missed the sweet sensation it normally gets from the keyboard whilst typing. And my brain was in deep depression from lack of activity.
But I'm glad I took the break. Scribbling feels brand new. Being idle for so long has somehow given me this overpowering zeal to write more. It's like falling in love for the first time - the novelty of the first kiss. It's like discovering a new hobby. I feel like am scribbling for the first time and it feels *divine*
My dear Graceful, nothing beats the rich feeling of creating life by merely adding words together. Imagine your whole life story in a couple of pages?

Anyway, the real story all over planet earth is FIFA world cup 2010. The huge quadrennial sporting event is once again on, and this time taking place in Africa - our mother land. How amazing!

FIFA world cup 2010 kicks off on the 11th of June, 48 hours from now, in Egoli, (Johannesburg) South Africa.
You can not begin to comprehend the excitement right now, especially that coming from the city of Gold.
The colours yellow and green have taken over. My good gracious God, South Africa has never looked more golden!

More than a decade ago, I never at all wasted time on FiFA world cup. I thought it pointless to watch or be excited about an event that bore the title "world cup" but only consisted of teams from everywhere else around the world, except Africa. And the reality that our beautiful
continent had never been given the honour to host was like an insult to a critical injury. I considered that racism at it's finest!

But today I'm one of the souls badly hit by world cup pyrexia. Eish, *FEVER* I don't think I can wait any longer. I feel like I'm gonna burst trying to contain all the exhiliration. Oh yeah, the great soccer tournament is finally happening right at home. Every African is allowed to act loco:) it's our continent, our FiFA, our time.
Bafana Bafana, the host team, takes on Mexico on the very first day of this grand event. "kulambula bwalo". The whole world seems to think South Africa will go into a history of host teams that have embarrasses themselves by losing their opening match. But will it defy the odds and survive?
I guess we have to wait for Friday:)
I'm not a Bafana Bafana avid fan, but I wish it the very best comes Friday. It has worked tremendously hard and just like all other teamss competing, it would cherish being champions.
I'm supporting Nigeria this time around. My sister thinks that's crazy... But, eeish, "Makonda-makonda". Coooome on, Nigeria!!!!

Let's enjoy this great quadrennial football event and rejoice. Mbava ndi ena onse okonda chisokonezo musapezelepo mpata...... Let's all unite and make world cup 2010 the more memorable. Let's make South Africa proud!

No comments:

Post a Comment