Monday, August 29, 2011

Flushing Meadows day 2

Goodmorrrrning Earth, Hurricane Irene did us all tennis freaks a favour and left Flushing Meadows "uninjured"! Good stuff.

Here is some of yesterday's US Open tennis 2011 results; Venus Williams advanced, dodging first casualty, with ease. So did the Feds Express. But I can't say the same for Maria Sharapova. Her road to second round wasn't that smooth. The former world numero uno played her opening match against the British teen, Heather Watson, who had one murderous plan. Shame it didn't work out for her...Heather's murderous plan...to the disappointment of the Brits. Sharapova dropped the first set, strugglingly took the second and finished the deciding like a proper pro she is. Well done to her! And to Heather for showing the world that she can take on former world number ones without so much as sweat dripping from her soul.

Miss Serena Williams plays her opening match tonight. I've sprained a couple of nerves in anticipation!
I tell you, there is nothing that scares the core of my soul more than watching Serena play her first match. It never matters what tournament. I guess my fear has more to do with the "fear" of first casualty. It's always there...the fear of first casualty. No matter how big a player.
*****

On sunday, I watched the movies For Colored Girls and Precious one after the other. I ended up getting depressed! The movies have a lot of issues, man... Putrid issues!
But I pacified my injured soul with Bad Teacher. I love Cameron Diaz. She's such a "Chic"!

Finally got my claws on Beyonce's 4! I'm elated! However, I haven't yet made up my mind about most of the tracks in it. I absolutely love "I was here". In a weird way, I feel it talks about me...lol And I think "Start over" is the best in there. Beyonce genuinely put her whole soul into the song. And the depth of feeling and maturity in the lyrics is profound. I love it!
All in all, I don't think the album is as fierce as Shasa Fierce - my opinion - I'm entitled to it:)
****

My honourable hubby has a cold...(he's not faking this time) koma eeeeh...the exaggeration...one would think the dude is about to siya ze ufa! Men are a true conundrum!

No comments:

Post a Comment