Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Both Venus and Serena out of Miami.

It's been a while since I posted anything about tennis. I feel so guilty. Like I've let my best friend down or something... Well, there are a number of reasons that can at least explain why I have been so silent where my favourite sport is concerned. I'm not going to go into them now. Not just yet... I'm not making excuses, no. Just trying to be true with the truth. So both the Williams sisters get toppled in the quarters of Miami Open. That makes me so unhappy! It was Venus first tournament since last US Open when she pulled out shortly after being diagnosed of sjogren syndrome. She's such a fighter, Venus. No one expected her to make it back to the courts but she did. It will take more than an immune syndrome to stop her. She played splendidly, and I'd have loved to see her lift the trophy, but she didn't. Unfortunately. Courtesy of Agneska Radwanska of Poland. And her sister Serena, who also have been off the courts due to injury, lost against Caroline Wozniack. It was the first time ever for that to happen. That leaves Maria Sharapova, Victoria Azarenka, Caroline Wozniack and Agneska Radwanska to battle it out for the title.

No comments:

Post a Comment