Tuesday, October 11, 2011

The bitterest taste of defeat!

Today, I woke up feeling like a swaggerless cockroach. I'm sure I even smelt like one. That, I tell you, was super depressing! One of my favorite activities of the day is stealing glances at myself in public mirrors and mall windows. I like the eerie, uncanny feeling I get when my eyes stare right into the eyes of my reflection. It's insatiably fascinating! But today I avoided anything that resembles a mirror like a plague. Having woken up feeling and smelling like a cockroach, I was afraid of what I might see in the mirror... probably a not-so-pretty cockroach staring back at me... That would not have been a pretty sight! Well, I've regained some of my personality and swagger now, thank heaven! I just wish I wasn't agonizing about The Springboks being booted out of the Rugby world cup... But the wounds are still very fresh. That means I'm going to agonize for quite some time. What really hurt is the brutal fact that the Boks came so close... It was only a matter of one more try and the mighty win would have been theirs... But shite just got too tight out there. Anyhow, what's done is done. I'll simply have to agonize more loudly than before and hope the pain will soon dissolve inside my soul. ANGER and SADNESS, both highly destructive emotions but in different ways. Anger is like a volcano, it boils up inside you and badly scalds every one at close proximity and afar. Sadness, on the other hand, is more like acid. It gradually eats you up inside and destroys every minute particle of happiness. Anger is short-lived. The havoc it causes is horrendous, but temporary. Sadness is permanent. It never leaves you.

No comments:

Post a Comment