Thursday, June 4, 2009

I still haven't cried.

.......it stills feels like yesterday, even though its been fourteen years. The fuming stench of alcohol is still fresh in my mind; so unfamiliar then. I can still smell raw tobacco even with a heavily blocked nose. That red pool of blood will forever give me nightmares for I see it wherever I go. Even with my eyes closed and mind blank. I can still see myself motionless like a paused screen picture on my parent's bedroom door.
I'm just standing there. Helpless. Aimless.

In less than an instant, my whole world comes to a huge abrupt halt. My brain cells hibernate, my heart ceases beating, my soul freezes to subzero degrees.
The person I looked up to as my hero is lifelessly lying there, on that freezing floor, blood oozing from his mouth, nose and ears. Its such a ghastly sight.
Even though am numb all over, I know he is no more. My dearest dad is dead. And he's taken with him the remainder of my birthdays ahead. My thirteenth birthday has just turned into a funeral.
Only later do I get to realise that never will I see my dad again......nor smile on the day I was born. But I still haven't shed a tear.................

No comments:

Post a Comment