Thursday, June 21, 2012

"Over my Shoulder"

"Looking back, over my shoulder, I can see that look in your eyes, I never dreamt "it" could be over. I never wanted to say goodbye..."

Listening to the sweet sounds of Mike and The Mechanics whilst I wait for sleep to drift me away to that beautiful land of dreams.
What is it about music that soothes even the most bruised of souls?
What is it about a tune that mends the most badly shattered of hearts?
What is it about a song that's so timeless?

Mike and The Mechanics takes me way back to my pre-teen years. When I had my first serious crush and believed he felt the same way about me too. Only to realize later, after I'd made a bafoon of myself, that he was actually in love with my best friend who was older and a zillion times cooler than I was. God was I so bruised!
The track Over my shoulder brings be back to the exact moment when my budding heart was heartlessly minced.

The thing about Music is that it's got a life of it's own different from all other lives on earth. Music has all the senses a human being possesses, plus a pulse that never weakens with time. Music never ages!
Music never dies!
Music is magic!

No comments:

Post a Comment