Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Politics and Opportunism - Malawi

There are times when I choose to lay on my back facing the beautiful turquoise sky high above and wonder about so many things...a lot of things. I wonder why people lie. I wonder why they die. I wonder about the complexity that is involved in tying and a neck-tie. And I wonder about the sadness that follows the word goodbye. Yes, I wonder about so many things; like the true meaning of the term meaningless... But most of all, I wonder why a lot of Malawians choose to become politicians??? A few days after the sudden, unfortunate passing of Malawi President, Bingu Wa Mutharika, a lot is beginning to make sense... A lot has been clarified. Like why the Republic of Malawi still seems like a one political party nation... Like why the other democratic parties have less power... The passing of Bingu Wa Mutharika has opened my eyes to the sad fact that there are only a few true principled politicians in Malawi. The ones who are not motivated by greed and would forever remain loyal and firmly behind their original political parties regardless of who or what is ruling. The rest are mere leaches... Opportunists, hungry for a fat paycheck. Disgustingly sad! I'm with Chancellor College's Blessings Chinsinga on the DPP Cabinet Ministers and MPs who have now shamelessly joined the new ruling party; they are the same sick opportunists who greedily jump from one ruling party to another for the benefit of their own selfish needs. They always end up blemishing the whole nation with their stinking selfishness. When the late President endorsed his brother, Peter Mutharika, as the next DPP presidential candidate, all consented (like coward-like dogs with tails in between their legs) except Joyce Banda and a few others who got unceremoniously fired from the party as a result. The rest could not find courage to go against Bingu the "Njanji". None of them cared for Mai Banda, or what she was standing up for. Is it just incredible how these very same people who vowed to be behind DPP always are now the ones abandoning it - and mind me, when their leader's blood is still warm in his veins? Yes, that's is exactly what defines politics in Malawi :GREED! Oh yes, these people who condemned Joyce Banda for dissenting with the President's wishes and forming her own political party are the very same ones who want to join her now. The very same people who had a hand in bringing the Malawi economy into the gutter, the same ones who were so apprehensive to point out the wrongs of their now deceased ruler... That's just so AMAZING!!! But I say no to the amazingness. I say no to rubbish. And I hope Her Excellency echoes my thoughts and says a BIG no. It's time for change. Real change. New President, new party, new faces and minds in the parliament.

No comments:

Post a Comment