Tuesday, October 13, 2009

"The Chipanti mystery"

For reasons that seem to make sense only to me, I ditched the world's sickest social chain; Facebook.

Anyway, my sister who is one big FB sicko thinks I'm totally losing my marbles and missing all the fun by staying away from the network.
So she makes sure she rings me 4 or 5 times a day just to let me know what her fellow sickos are up to. I tell you, its always a crack to hear the latest mental updates...

A few days ago she rang me saying, "ndikukuuza Han, I think aMalawi atopa ndi ulemu."
I asked her why she thought so, and she said every person in Malawi had "Chipanti" as their status update.
I laughed coz the name Chipanti reminded me of a certain mischievous incident in Secondary School.....
Anyway, I told my sis that maybe it was some sick new song or something....
She agreed with me, and said whilst choking on her mirth, "for real Han, umuuze mzako wadzina lamisala uja kuti achepetse ma drugs..."
I was lost...
"haibo Esie, whatchu mean by that, mzanga wakenso uti?"
And then I remembered..."Charmer"
My friend Mkotama, whom I nicknamed Charmer is the only person I could think of, who is crazy and talented enough to come up with such a song..
I couldn't stop laughing.

....it turns out, Charmer isn't guilty as charged. Chipanti is not even a song, but some freaky lunatic in Malawi who was raping and killing women.

No comments:

Post a Comment