Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Farewell Jade Goody!


When I first heard Jade Goody, whom I had labelled 'drama queen', had the big C, I did not want to believe it. I was in absolute denial.

I fervently prayed to God her illness should be one of her dramatically attention-seeking pranks and not reality. The thought of her dying and leaving her two precious boys behind gave me serious nightmares.
Being a mother of two little boys myself, I felt her panic and pain. A few times I have been down with a cold or something, I've literally broken down and cried finding it totally impossible to give my boys the best care whilst in pain. And any thought of me kicking the bucket and leaving these little creatures behind is just inconceivable. I can not even begin to depict how Jade must have felt when she found out that not only had she the brutal C, but also that chances of her defeating it were not that promising....

Devastation is not the right word!


I sincerely admire her courage and resilience. She didn't give up the fight. Even when she knew the odds were mercilessly against her chances of recovery, she didn't quit. I admire the strength and hope she showed she still possessed love till the very end. It was all for the people she loved.

Jade Goody might have been a lot of things I did not fancy, but she surely gave everyone of us a great example of courage and hope in a hopeless situation.
And she definitely will forever remain an inspiration to all young women and mothers of earth.

RIP Jade!

No comments:

Post a Comment