Friday, November 4, 2011

Jehovah Witness Woes...

Jehovah Witness advocates have been frequent visitors of my household for the past couple of years. They are the only humans who've stood at my door step more than a hundred times, or close...that's if my calculation serves me correctly. These people have also broken a record of violently ringing my door bell more times than any other creature who's ever rang it. I rest my case a long time ago. The guys' persistence is a bit on a petrifying side. Very inhuman! Even for true advocates!!!

From the first day the godly guys graced my doorstep, I've lied I can't speak the Queens Language properly, and that I don't own the house. They know me as just an illiterate babysitter from Malawi. (Don't you start with preaching to me about lying being a sin. I know that already. And I'm fully prepared to burn in hell...).
So every occasion they've visited and found me, I've always repeated the very same untrue phrases: "Me babysitter. No English. Boss not here."

But last night, things took a very dramatic turn!
It was 7pm, and I had just got home from work. I was comfortably clad in my pajamas watching my favorite series in my bed when the door bell angrily rang.
I should have just ignored it!
There they were, my godly buddies...
I was like "Holy Shite"! (In my mind, of course).

This is the verbal exchange we had:

Jehovah witness: "Hi again, Muado (that's the alias I use when dealing with the godly guys. It's slang for "underwear" in my language). Is your boss here today?
Me: "boss, wo...
Before I finished saying the word work, my 6 year old idiot came down the steps from upstairs.

Orama: (while poking me in the back) "Mum, quick, Eastenders is on... come on..."
All eyes were on me...
Then he looked at me, then at the Jehovah Witness and said: "oh, mum, I didn't know you could speak Chinese. Cool."

You can just imagine the weight of my shame!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment