Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Sleep, Amy, Sleep...



...cuz now you can

Sleep, Amy, sleep
You no more need to go on that risky trip
For your soul to flip
Oh Amy, frisky Dame
You no more need that whiskey nip
That your budding legendary life ripped
For now you can sleep

So sleep, Amy, sleep*
But your legacy need to sleep not!
For eternally it shall live
So I'll weep not

Sleep, Amy, sleep
****

Amy Winehouse's tragic passing has once again reminded me of a cruel but true fact that money can't purchase inner happiness.
A raw searing musical talent, global fame, 16 million bucks, 5 Grammy gongs...all that, among other glamorous things, didn't make Amy happy.
Since the day I heard about her passing, I've tormented myself with a thousand questions, wondering what it was that made this girl with a voice of an angel so desperately want to block out the world? What was it that pushed her to the edge and eventually into a dangerous world of drugs?
Now more than ever I despairingly hope there is truly a life after death. When time comes for me to go too, I'll be looking forward to getting answers from Amy herself!

RIP girl! Say Wazup to my mama, papa and bro there in heaven. The lot were troubled souls too.

No comments:

Post a Comment