Thursday, March 11, 2010

The mean month of March.

It's exactly a decade and two years since I lost the most priceless treasure - the most understanding, loving human being - my mother. I can't believe time has flown that fast!
I remember being numb, almost emotionless, the day Susan (that was my mum's name) was laid to rest. Within an instant, I had transformed from a bubbly 16 year old, into a grieving robot. After the funeral it took me quite some time to finally accept reality - that mum was gone forever. It took me years to erase the priest's most painful phrase: "dust to dust..." I was convinced my life was over.
And that I'd forever hurt,
But here I am, still breathing.
Here I am, no longer the same, yes, but no more in pain.
It sucks huge being motherless, but life goes on.

RIP Mum. The void you left in my soul will never be filled. But I'll go on till we meet again. If we ever do.
Goodbye the love of my life. Know that you will never be forgotten.

No comments:

Post a Comment