Saturday, August 29, 2009

Anne Frank.


I have yet to come across another author who brings the Holocaust into a terrific, clear 3D picture... Anne Frank takes us deeper into the struggle of human souls in adversity.


The Diary of this Jewish young girl was part of my course study in my last year of Secondary School. I remember being the only one in my class who actually was fascinated with the book. My friends kept teasing me about having so much in common with the young Writer. I never thought it true.

But after reading the Diary again a decade later, I can in a way relate to what my friends meant.....

Only I know I could never have come up with something so precocious at 13. And I definitely would never have been strong enough to endure being confined in such a desperate place as the Secret Annexe for two whole years. Boredom would have killed me in less than an instant.

How many young people would stay in a horrifically caustrophic situation for more than a two years and still keep up their spirits?

Despite the overwhelming fear of getting caught, and the crappy conditions in the Secret Annexe, Anne never lost her wit. She never lost hope, either.

Aldof Hitler's cruelty surely costed the world a genius; a veritable idylist!



No comments:

Post a Comment